1. The news media have become more influential in people’s lives, some people think it is a negative development.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times in their lives. Is it a positive or negative development?
3. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated university students. However some people think that the large amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Employers should give their staff at least a four-week holiday a year to make employees better at their jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. New technologies have changed the way children spend their free time. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
6. Some people hold that we should spend amount of time and money on the protection of wild animals. Some people argue that they should be spent on human populations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. People believe arts like painting and music does not directly improve the quality of life. Therefore they think government’s money should be spent on other things. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
8. Many young people today know more about international pop and movie stars than about famous people in the history in their country. Why is this? What can be done to increase young people’s interest in famous people in the history of their country?
9. Full-time university students should spend a lot of time in studying, but also essential to be involved in other activities. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
10. Nowadays, many families have both parents working. Some working parents believe other family members like grandparents can take care of their children, while others think childcare centres provide the best care. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. It is shown that many criminals have a low level of education. Some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is to educate them in prison so that they can find a job after they leave prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. When a new town is planned, it is more important to develop public parks and sports facilities than shopping centers for people to spend their free time in. Do you agree or disagree?
13. Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper. As the result, more adults work at home and more children study at home. Is this a positive or negative development?
14. As part of education, students should spend a period of time studying and living in a different country to learn its language and culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Researchers show that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, advertising for food products should be banned in the same way as the cigarette advertising is banned in many countries. To what extent do you agree
16. Some British families decide not to buy televisions because they influence the development of the creativity of children. What do you think?
17. Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society. To what extent do you agree with this view?
18. The world has many towns and cities constructed in previous centuries that are suitable and livable for people in those times. What problems will this cause today and what can be done to solve these problems?
19. People still value artists in the age of advanced science and technology. What are the reasons? Are arts as important as science and technology?
20. Some people think that the library is a waste of money and the computer technology is replacing its function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
21. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
22. To improve the quality of education, people think that we should encourage our students to evaluate and criticize their teachers. Others believe that it will result in a loss of respect and discipline in the classroom. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
23. Some people think that cultural traditions will be destroyed when they are used as money-making machines aims at tourists, other people believe that it is the only way to save such conditions in the world today.
24. Multicultural societies, where people of different ethnic groups live together, can bring more benefits than drawbacks to a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
25. Nowadays both women and men work full-time. Therefore, they have to share household tasks equally. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
26. The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing younger generations for modern life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?
27. In many countries, women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their babies. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantages?
28. Some people think health care should be free for everyone, while others think they should pay medical costs for themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
29. New parents should attend a parenting course to learn how to bring up their children well. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0